Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Clayton the Calf



Is it bad to fall fast asleep by 8pm on the couch while the kids are still awake? Long but productive day was had by the Mama and the Papa. I have been recently working on a children's book with Ali's sister, Jessi. She lives in Cow Hampshire and has written an awesome little story about a calf named Clayton. I think I have found the perfect model. He is all white and really cute. The Mama cow did not like me hanging around taking pictures. She snorted and stomped at me so I didn't stay long. This shot is by no means a final product, just a chance for Jessi to see what the potential Clayton looks like. I am experimenting with some Photoshop filters to give the images a more painterly/illustrative look. The really manipulated image is definitely a rough draft. I was thinking that if Clayton and the other characters in the story were painterly/illustrative while the backgrounds were a more abstract, that it might be a cool look. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ian, I think that the subject is a very cute one, but thinking that the painterly/illustative background might be a little too much. Can it be toned down to look a little more real, just abstracted a bit? Right now I think that Clayton looks too cut and pasted but I think you are on the right track. Just a thought. Love ya, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not sure what the hell i did on my last comment post but let me try again. clayton is adorable and i think he will be great for the book but I do agree trish about him looking too cut and pasted on the illustrated look, but you are awesome at this stuff so i know you'll find a way to enhance it and have it look totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete